About

This blog was intended as a way to update my friends and family in the areas that tend to occupy most of my free time. Music. Gaming. Movies. On my domain you will hear music covering many genres Hip Hop, Jazz, R n B, Reggae, Reggaeton, Garage, etc. Games in the realms of 3rd Person Shooters, Sandbox Style, RPG's, etc; as well as all sorts of movies. My taste in music is all over the place. My taste in games are usually violent (LOL) and my taste in movies usually centers around good story, good action/violence, or good sci fi. This Site is purely for entertainment and information. Please support the artist and companies represented in any of my links. If you would like any of your information removed from my site. Please Select the "Contact" email below

Friday, November 10, 2006

REST IN PEACE TO GERALD LEVERT - A LEGEND






BREAKING NEWS: Singer Gerald Levert DiesBy Ivory M. Jones, BET.com Staff Writer
Posted Nov. 10, 2006 -- A family member has confirmed to BET News that singer Gerald Levert has passed away. While few details are known at this time, CBS's Cleveland affiliate reports that the cause of death was a heart attack. He was 40.
The star was the son of O'Jays singer Eddie Levert and was well-know for his uptempo ballads.

Gerald Levert also sang the chorus on the Chris Rock spoken-word comedy piece, No Sex (In the Champagne Room).
In 2005, Levert's daughter, Carlysia, was featured on an episode of MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen.
Levert passed away due to an apparent heart attack in his sleep on November 10, 2006, aged 40. Sister 2 Sister reported that Gerald and his father had just returned from a 10-day trip to South Africa where they had met with Nelson Mandela

Gerald Levert was the orginal velvet teddy bear. The brother had some great songs to set the mood with your lady. He will will be greatly missed. We will definitely miss his music as well as his performances. Below, I've listed some of my favorite Gerald Levert cuts. Enjoy. Our prayers are with his family.












No comments: