About

This blog was intended as a way to update my friends and family in the areas that tend to occupy most of my free time. Music. Gaming. Movies. On my domain you will hear music covering many genres Hip Hop, Jazz, R n B, Reggae, Reggaeton, Garage, etc. Games in the realms of 3rd Person Shooters, Sandbox Style, RPG's, etc; as well as all sorts of movies. My taste in music is all over the place. My taste in games are usually violent (LOL) and my taste in movies usually centers around good story, good action/violence, or good sci fi. This Site is purely for entertainment and information. Please support the artist and companies represented in any of my links. If you would like any of your information removed from my site. Please Select the "Contact" email below

Monday, September 11, 2006

Swiss Beats working on New Jay and Nas Callabo!

The Fader Blog recently sat down with Swizz Beatz and he played them a track that supposedly samples a line from Nasir's "Hate Me Now"--"when you on top there's envy." When asked if the track will appear on Hip-Hop Is Dead (Nas' upcoming Def Jam debut), Swizz replied that it's actually for Nas and Jay-Z.


Peep game:
"...last night at a party in NYC for toy company Kid Robot (where Swizz is a partner), dude got on the CD-Js to test out new material - namely, a moody banger sampling Nasir's "when you on top, there's envy" line. We asked if it was going on the new Nas record, and Swizzy said the track is for Nas AND Jay. Dunt dunt dunnnnn..."Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but this sounds like that dream collabo you've been holding your breath for. Now I really hope they don't end up forcing things in the studio just because we've had our hands out for five years wishing for this to happen. Kinda reminds me of Rakim saying that the ONLY way Nas is getting featured on his album is if the vibe is right and the song is spectacular.The rest of the Fader interview with Swizz Beatz is definitely worth your 12 minutes, seeing as he talks about other stuff he's been working on, and how he was able to clear those Biggie Jay-Z samples for Cassidy and T.I.

No comments: